It’s summer and we’re lazy so we’re doing a movie instead of a book. We liked Mary Poppins Returns way more than we thought we would and we’re analyzing the four act structure.
We also have two special guests, Alma (age 4) and Romeo, a visiting dog friend.
If that’s not enough, we also dive into the fact that Nora’s a Rebel and I’m an Obliger, as defined by Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies framework.
You can also listen using any number of podcast platforms and apps including Spotify, Breaker, Pocket Casts, Radio Public, Stitcher, and Google Podcasts.
Season 6, Episode 6: Mary Poppins Returns – Review and Story Structure Analysis
Things we mention (or forget to mention) that you should check out:
- Story Fix for more details on the four act structure.
- Story Grid for all things related to genre.
- Mary Poppins returns can be found on Amazon and Netflix.
- The Four Tendencies is a framework by Gretchen Rubin and you can find out your tendency by taking this quiz.
- Our mailing list! Sign up today and you’ll get cool subscriber only perks like bonus material.
And, don’t forget, you can now, buy, read and enjoy my book: The Cat, the Cash, the Leap & the List. (And leave a review when you’re done, pretty please.)
Disclosure: By the way, all of these links are affiliate links, so if you buy something, you pay the same, but Nora gets a few pennies for her big 8th grade trip fund.