This season we’re tackling one of the most beloved series of all time: Harry Potter.
In this episode, we look at the four-act structure of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, pointing out the first plot point, midpoint shift and second plot point.
Then we analyze the scene where Winky gets drunk on butter beer.
Finally, we take a look at the concept of point of view, or POV.
You can also listen using any number of podcast platforms and apps including Spotify, Breaker, Pocket Casts, Radio Public, Stitcher, and Google Podcasts.
Season 4, Episode 3: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Story Structure Analysis
Things we mention (or forget to mention) that you should check out:
- Our mailing list! Sign up today and you’ll get cool subscriber only perks like bonus material and artwork, including an advance copy of my forthcoming novel, The Cat, the Cash, the Leap and the List.
- Story Fix for more details on the four act structure.
- Story Grid for all things related to the Five Commandments.
- Super Carlin Brothers: “Top 10 Cringe Moments in the Harry Potter Movies”
- Pottermore for all the glorious official content for Harry Potter.
This post was lovingly sponsored by our Patreon supporters (you can become one too!).