Not, I’m not freaking out. I rather like getting older.
But I am feeling the need to use a landmark birthday to do some special things.
These things fall into 2 categories: Getting My Shit Together Things and Doing Fun Things.
So, in these 30 days before my 40th birthday, I’m setting myself 3 challenges that fall into the Getting My Shit Together category:
- Meditate everyday. For at least 1 minute. I know, the bar is low. I’m okay with that.
- Exercise everyday. For at least 5 minutes, but ideally, take a nice walk or do yoga. Again, the bar is intentionally low.
- Do the Whole30 challenge. This is the highest bar I’ve set. Especially challenging, as school will be out soon and we’ll be taking a short trip to Crater Lake in mid-June.
The fun category? The aforementioned trip to Crater Lake. And I’m toying with the idea of getting an Apple Watch. I’m sure there’s a whole post I could (and maybe will) write where I go into how I’m going to justify this.
I’m squeezing all this in amongst caring for a 14-month-old, a nine-year-old, and work for my writing clients and revising my novel (again).
I figure one of three things will happen:
- I’ll succeed and become completely blissed-out and self-actualized.
- I’ll succeed, but become completely smug and insufferable to those around me.
- I’ll fail and learn something.
Wish me luck.