1. For awhile, all I thought about was Hoover and there are only so many doggie cancer posts I can subject all of you lovely people to.
2. I fell into a brief, grief-related depression and needed to focus on eating spinach dip.
3. Nora wasn’t saying anything blog-worthy, because she was too sad. (See reason #1.)
4. I was busy with freelance writing assignments, for awhile.
5. Somehow I got talked into supervising people at my day job. And that shit is tiring. (Don’t worry, it’s only temporary.)
6. I spent several hours each day trying to prevent our new dog from eating the living room rug.
7. Then I was busy with the holidays.
8. I was knitting a shawl for Nora, then a big-ass doily-blanket thingy.
9. I simply fell out the habit. And that’s a very bad thing for a writer to do.
10. I needed time to figure out if this blog still had a place in my life.
And I think it does. Here’s what to expect from Mommy’s Pen going forward:
- stories of my family that (hopefully) connect with your experience
- new dog antics (his name is Charlie, he’s a big spazz)
- crafting exploits
- links to what I’m writing elsewhere
- photos of Nora, she’s doing a 365 photo project this year
Basically, I’m going hodge-podge on your asses; it’s whatever I feel like saying, whenever I feel like saying it.