Jamie over at Avant Garde Parenting was kind enough to bestow me with my very first blog award! Thanks, Jamie! Jamie is doing great things over at AVP, so go check her out.
In order to accept the award you must: 1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and link back to their site 2. Tell 7 things about yourself 3. Pass it on to other ‘versatile’ bloggers!
So, mmm, seven things about myself. Here goes:
- I am so short that kids think I am a kid (including my own daughter).
- I am a knitter and a spinner, though I haven’t done much of either in the last three years. (Did I mention my daughter is three?)
- I am a horrible visualizer — I cannot hang pictures or arrange furniture to save my life. My husband has to do it for it to look good. I also can’t do math in my head.
- When I truly make up my mind to do something, it gets done.
- I hate high heels. I do not own them.
- I kiss chickens. (They are so soft and sweet!)
- For quite a long time, all my dreams had subtitles. Kind of like a silent movie.
And now, to pass this honor along:
I love dad bloggers and I feel the need to spread the word about Written Dad at Filets to Fishsticks. So far, I have not find a clunky post in his archive. He’s witty, sometimes self deprecating, sometimes smug. He does an amazing job of giving his blog a consistent feel without being boring. Please go there, now. I don’t know if he’s into passing on bloggy awards, but I wish him lots of traffic.
On another note, today is Michaelmas, an important day in the Waldorf calendar. Nora and I will be attending our first honest to goodness Waldorf festival. Details soon.