This week it’s crime stories for kids! And they are SO fun.
You can also listen using any number of podcast platforms and apps including Spotify, Breaker, Pocket Casts, Radio Public, Stitcher, and Google Podcasts.
Season 2, Episode 9: The Crime Story
Crime stories for kids are just plain fun. No, really. We take a look at all the elements of a crime story and look at a great example in season 2, episode 2 of Spirit Riding Free.
Things we mention that you should check out:
- Our mailing list! Sign up today and you’ll get cool subscriber only perks like bonus material and artwork, including an advance copy of my forthcoming novel, The Cat, the Cash, the Leap and the List.
- Shawn Coyne and the Story Grid. There’s a whole story grid universe: website, book and two podcasts: The Story Grid and the Story Grid Editors Roundtable, on which they’ve covered the crime genre a number of times.
- The five leaf Genre Clover, or as Nora likes to call it, the Genre Flower.
- Spirit Riding Free from Netflix, specifically, S2, E2: Lucky and the Pie P.I.
- Ivy and Bean Take the Case, wherein Bean’s mom makes her watch a classic noir film and then Bean turns P.I. and goes around the neighborhood looking for mysteries to solve.
This post was lovingly sponsored by our Patreon supporters (you can become one, too!).