Quick impressions from parent orientation night at Waldorf school:
- I love people who love singing as much as I do. I think Ben was a bit taken aback that I knew the words to “A Gift to be Simple.”
- Wow, I don’t think I’ve been in a room with that many flowy skirts since…the last time I was at a Waldorf event.
- Waldorf folks take warmth very seriously. We got a ten minute lecture on the importance of layering.
- More yummy, healthy food, but no serving utensils and no water. Must get on a committee to fix that.
- I may be the most “type A” Waldorf parent I’ve met so far. I swooped the after care enrollment packets and had my check ready before the end of the presentation. Must try not to be seen as an over eager pain in the ass.
- Nora’s new teacher needs to buy the house across the street from me. She said she’s looking!
- My husband will do all kinds of things that scare the crap out of him (like speak in front of people) if he thinks it would benefit his daughter in any way. Love, love, love him.
- All these parents are here because they want happy, well adjusted kids. That rules.
- I am not used to staying up past 8:00pm. Did not realize the strip clubs on the way home are lit up like that at night.